Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to share QVW

Dear Qlik Expert,

I've just downloaded Qlik View Personal Edition for 2 days; and honestly, I was so impressed with Qlik functions. It's a silly question, anyway, would anybody please teach me how to share my first qvw file to my colleagues ?

Thanks for your kind assistance in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You will have to contact a sales person to buy QlikView.

Note that we have stopped selling local client licenses a long time ago, so you will have to buy a server license. This might be complete overkill for what you had in mind to be doing with QlikView.

The alternative is, if you don't want to buy a license to share files with a few people, it to completely forget about QlikView and move to Qlik Sense instead. For sense you don't need a license in order to freely exchange files.

Sense has a different look and feel, but the scripting and expressions are 95% the same.

May you live in interesting times!

View solution in original post

8 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

When you save application, it will create a file with a extension qvw on HDD. But when you share your application with other user, they wont be able to open it, because its a personal version.

Personal version comes with all functionality except that you can not open the application created by other users.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable
Author

Thank you, Sir. Any advanced version which allows users to share the QVW? I've search our forum and found the term "Access point" in which other people could access and view applications. How about it?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you'll need a named cal for sharing.

QlikView Personal Edition is good for training and building your own reports.

At the latest if your computer gets broken, you'll run into problems.

But if you really want  to use QlikView you'll have to pay or alternatively you could use QlikSense Desktop.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply, Sir. Speaking of the paid version of QlikView, is it available on Qlik website, I couldn't find it, only Qlik Sense version

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You will need a QlikView server for that. In other words: The paid version.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You'll have to contact your partner or Qlik directly.

They'll tell you the details.

oknotsen
Master III
Master III

You will have to contact a sales person to buy QlikView.

Note that we have stopped selling local client licenses a long time ago, so you will have to buy a server license. This might be complete overkill for what you had in mind to be doing with QlikView.

The alternative is, if you don't want to buy a license to share files with a few people, it to completely forget about QlikView and move to Qlik Sense instead. For sense you don't need a license in order to freely exchange files.

Sense has a different look and feel, but the scripting and expressions are 95% the same.

Not applicable
Author

Love your word "complete overkill".. anyway, thanks very much for your help, Sir.