Qlik Community

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show and hide bar charts on a click of a particular value from a table?

hey all,

please let me know how to show and hide the bar chart on a click of particular value.

for example, i have three tables state,city and pincode and the corresponding bar charts.

My query is,

if i click on a state from state table,it should hide the state bar chart and pincode bar chart and It should show only the cities(city bar chart) related to that state. like wise,if i click on city from city table,it should show only the pincode bar chart related to the city.

can anyone help me with this?

thanks

jai.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
stephencredmond
Partner
Partner

The Layout tab of the bar chart has a "Show Condition". Enter an appropriate condition there (e.g. State = 'TX').

Stephen

View solution in original post

6 Replies
stephencredmond
Partner
Partner

The Layout tab of the bar chart has a "Show Condition". Enter an appropriate condition there (e.g. State = 'TX').

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Hey Stephen,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I tried using the if condition in the layout tab.

But i see it is not functioning in the way i look for. SInce I am retrieving the data from sql query table, i see the fields are working on the condition and nt the bar chart. i mean the look and feel of the chart. It is still seen on the view.

can you be more clear on the condition i use on the bar charts?

thanks once again

jai.

lucas4bi
Partner
Partner

You should use the "show condition" like this:

for example, if you wanna hide the States bar chart when is selected a state or a pincode, then you would write this on the State bar chart show condition: count(distinct State)<1 and count(distinct Pincode)<1.

this will hide the state bar chart if you select one or more state or one or more pincode.

stephencredmond
Partner
Partner

Hi Jai,

My example was just that - an example, to show you how to approach the problem.

If I just give you the answer then you just have the answer.

Regards,

Stephen

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Luca. I tried with the isnull condition. Will also check with your answer. i believe your answer help me to go further. 🙂

thanks once again.

Not applicable
Author

Hey Stephen,

:). Since i am a beginner to the Qlik view.I am confused with the conditions and properties. So i asked you for a quick start on the conditional staement.

I tried with the isnull and it seems to be a start for me on this query.

Anyway,thanks for your help to think on the layout tab. 🙂

jai.