Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III

How to show different measurements as stacked bars?

I need to show 3 groups of 3 measures for each year as stacked bars. Is something like this possible using bars not symbols?

nenadvukovic_0-1610960623514.png

Thanks 

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
rubenmarin

Hi @nenadvukovic, seems one of my answers is lost, I uploaded two files, the 2nd as you say but I don't see it now, that's the one I was reering as the calculated dimension

I attach again with the calculated dimension

rubenmarin_0-1610980144827.png

View solution in original post

rubenmarin

I dont' think you can use the right hand with all those dimesnions and expressions.

As a workaround you can use text in axis, values over data or grouped expressions

View solution in original post

14 Replies
rubenmarin

Hi @nenadvukovic, if you create a bar chart with 2 dimensions and more than one measure it creates that kind of chart by defaut. You can also disable the legend for 2nd dimension to show tham more like your example:

rubenmarin_0-1610961442030.png

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks Ruben. I had to re-develop the data model for that to work as required.

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Sorry, it was a premature conclusion that this would work. Can you use my data in your qvw? The point is to group two main measures for each Year

Thanks

rubenmarin

I can try... can you post your data as text?

But I used something that is somewhat similar (attached)

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

If that would not be possible with standard properties, I believe that I will need to create dummy Year by adding suffixes to create groups I want to show for each year. Agree?

rubenmarin

Have you checked my last attachment? it's like the example, it only needs to apply colors.

It has only one masure, and 3 dimensions, one of them calculated to split each year in 3 bars

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Yes, I did. I've updated your qvw with my data from the initial screenshot and sent it in my previous post. I believe this is not possible to achieve without changing the data model.

rubenmarin

If you check my qvw, it also has your data, and it shows as your original example without the need of changing the model. Maybe you can create a field instead of using the calculated dimension but no more changes are needed.

nenadvukovic
Creator III
Creator III
Author

The point is, as I was expecting would be clear from the initial screen shot to group bars by several dim2 values. I tried to color-code thos for easier understanding of the request. So, all Ps to be shown as one stacjed bar for each year, then all Cs, etc.,