Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show or hide dimension on chart?

Hi All,

I have a Radar chart, which has 3 dimensions : 'My Institution' ; 'UK Average' ; 'Group1'

What I want to do is perhaps create a listbox or something that I can choose to show either of these dimensions, all or none.

I tried creating a variable, but not too sure how to show or hide the dimensions?

Any ideas or examples would be greatly appreciated on this one.

Thank-you.

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Try this way...

ShowHideDims_Script.PNG

to get this.....

ShowHideDims_View.PNG

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Beanz,

After look around with your attached file, I found that you have 1 dimension called "Question number" and have 4 expression "My Institution", "UK Average", "Group1" and "Peer Group". In your question seem to hide or show expression not dimension, right?

For QlikView 11 have condition to show or hide expression. But if you use QlikView 10, we can do it in module. See the attached file for details.

Do let me know if this one help you.

Regards,

Sokkorn

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your response and answer.

I've also created a macro to achieve this, BUT since I've recently installed Version 11, I'm trying to do it through that Conditional option on the 'Expressions' tab- but haven't seen any useful examples on the forums.

Do you know how it can be achieved through the version 11 way?

Much appreciated?

Not applicable
Author

i think you can achieve this through variables and one button object just by chaging the values of the variable

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

The Demo document What's new in QV 11 has an example of the Conditional Show option on the dashboard (the "Sales Trends object"). In the script you can see the inline table used to change the variables that use the expression Conditional Show in the object.

Here you can change the metric (expression)  to be used in the chart.

Here is a simple version based on your data. In this version you can only show one expression or all at once so as I said it is simple but might be similar to what you are looking for?

nstefaniuk
Creator III
Creator III

A tricky way could be to create 9 charts stacked and use variables (with choice or a listbox of values not linked to the model) and display the chart that matches the chosen condition.

It avoids using module but it's not clean. However I never see (before v11) a way to dynamically add/remove a dimension from a chart. You could add the 3 dimensions and dynamically control the field that fill the dimension, and use a default containing "Unapplied" when you don't want to display the dimension. The dimension will be still there but the values won't be splitted by value of this dimension.

Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi, Check out this. Possible it might be helpful. http://www.citagus.com/citagus/blog/hiding-dimensions-in-qlikview-pivot-table/ regards. siva