Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dayna
Creator II
Creator II

How to show sale of products below overall average

Dear all,

I am trying to decide the best route to show sale of products below the overall average, the overall average may be of customer or product (not yet decided), what would be the best method to achieve this?

Any help that you could provide would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Dayna

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to paste from excel but it didn't work.

You can use the formula below in a pivot table with cust and prod dimension:

if(avg(TOTAL <prod> value)>=avg( value),avg( value))

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you be more specific about it? Upload a document.

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I haven't got a document to upload yet, as I'm trying to work out how is best to achieve this result. Let's say, the following data:

Customer Amount of Product A Amount of Product B

A 20 25

B 20 35

C 20 2

A 5 40

D 5 6

So for the above the average is 14 for Product A, so I'd like to show Customer A and D, and I would like to show for Product B the average is 21.6 so I would like to show customer C and D.

Hope this clarifies what I am trying to do.

Regards,
Dayna

Anonymous
Not applicable

<body><p> </p> <p><col width="98"></col> <col width="98"></col> <col width="140"></col> <col width="98"></col> <col width="160"></col> <tr> <td width="98" class="xl22" height="17">prod</td> <td width="98" class="xl23">cust</td> <td width="140" class="xl24">avg(TOTAL &lt;prod&gt;  </span>value)</td> <td width="98" class="xl24">avg( value)</td> <td width="160" class="xl24">if(avg(TOTAL &lt;prod&gt;  </span>value)&gt;=avg( value),avg( value))</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="xl24" height="17">a</td> <td class="xl24">a</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">14</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">12.5</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">12.5</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="xl24" height="17">a</td> <td class="xl24">b</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">14</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">20</td> <td class="xl24"><br /></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="xl24" height="17">a</td> <td class="xl24">c</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">14</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">20</td> <td class="xl24"><br /></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="xl24" height="17">a</td> <td class="xl24">d</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">14</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">5</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">5</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="xl24" height="17">b</td> <td class="xl24">a</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">21.6</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">32.5</td> <td class="xl24"><br /></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="xl24" height="17">b</td> <td class="xl24">b</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">21.6</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">35</td> <td class="xl24"><br /></td> </tr> <tr> <td class="xl24" height="17">b</td> <td class="xl24">c</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">21.6</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">2</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">2</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="xl24" height="17">b</td> <td class="xl24">d</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">21.6</td> <td align="right" class="xl24">6</td> <td align="right" class="xl24"> <p>6</p> </td> </tr> </p> <p> </p></body>

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have tried to paste from excel but it didn't work.

You can use the formula below in a pivot table with cust and prod dimension:

if(avg(TOTAL <prod> value)>=avg( value),avg( value))

Dayna
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I think that should do it! Thank you!