Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to show/share hidden objects created by the report designer?

When I refer to a "report(s)" in this post, I mean the PDF reports created by the report designer WITHIN a qlikview document, I am NOT referring to a whole qlikview document which I know some refer to as a "report".

When you create a text box or put an image on a report in the report designer, I believe it creates a corresponding hidden object somewhere in the main qlikview document.  How do you view those objects in qlikview desktop? 

The problem we have: if someone puts an image on a report then shares the report on our Access Point server, other users can view the report but they get an error in the box where the image is supposed to be.  I'm assuming this is because the object containing the image was not shared, so the report is referencing an object it can't find.

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

The objects within the report-surface are the same as within the qlikview ui - you could check this if you activate an object within the report and choose then the object/element properties which you could change (after a security warning about this).

If the pictures won't be displayed the reason could be an invalid path to the picture or maybe an included section access or a bug in this release respectively am incombatibility between the used qv release and the used browser.

- Marcus

Not applicable
Author

We're just using the desktop product at the moment, working against an Access Point server.  I know the objects on the report surface are actually dashboard objects.  I need to be able to see them from the dashboard (not the report) so they can be shared.

It appears Qlikview may not actually allow report sharing from a practical perspective.  If someone puts text boxes, images, etc... onto the report surface, anyone with whom they "share" the report has to then manually create, import (images) and arrange those objects all over again.  Am I missing something? 

Not applicable
Author

I answered my own question.  CTRL-SHIFT-S brings up a hidden sheet called "SHEET1" that has all these hidden report objects in it.  You can then share them.

marcus_sommer

It's not quite clear to me what for usage-scenario you use. It could be that you are struggle with the circumstances that a report could be created as a document property and a server property which could be shared - I suggest that you looked within the documentation which described the differences between them and also how to use server-objects within the access point.

Further helpful could be to export the report (it's a small xml-file with the report-definitions) and import it again (and you could also adjust these xml manually within an editor if it's needed).

- Marcus