Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jedorelon
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to solve the "Failed to start connector QVConnect" problem ?

Hi there,

I've recently upgraded my QV to 12.20.20400 and I've got this issue now when I try to load data from a database (or connect a new one) :

I didn't face that problem before and that's quite annoying. The problem is the same with the QVConnect32.exe version.

The QVConnect doesn't launch at all. It looks like there are some permissions troubles starting from my \Temp folder (the .exe launches in the \local folder). But I can't change the rights on it due to a GPO policy.

What can I do ?

Is there a way to change the location of the QVConnect64.exe and let it know by QV ?

I tried by changing the value of the CurrentQVConnect64Loc entry in the "...\AppData\Roaming\QlikTech\QlikView\Settings.ini" file but it doesn't work.

Should I downgrade my QV ?

Any idea someone ?

Thanx,

JE

3 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If you didn't already solve your issue, you may find further information in this discussion: QVConnect "Failed To Start Connector"

If you did manage to solve it, could you please post details of the technique you used? Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, did you solve this issue? I'm getting the same error after upgrading to QV 12.20.20400.0

jedorelon
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Paul. No, I didn't. I've downgraded my QV desktop from 12.20.20400 (SR3) to 12.0.20000 (SR1).