Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shrusrkt
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to split in Pivot table in qlikview

Hi everyone,

City, Agent Name, GC Code, Product, Business_Type are in Dimension.

In product--> Motor, Health, SME are the field-values.

In Business_Type --> New, Renewal field-values are there. 

I want to add new for all products  also I want to add renewal for all products.

I had tried do it in pivot table--> presentation tab --> partial sum, however I got the total for Products,  I dint get total_New for Products, & total Renewal for Products.

Please refer the attachment below.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Message was edited by: shruti sarkate

6 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

You need to use Island table and that you have to create Pick(....) as dimension to get all values in to single column and these are constant not dynamic..

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
devarasu07
Master II
Master II

Hi,

Would be able to share your mock source and expected output in excel format.

Qlik Community Tip: Posting Successful Discussion Threads

How to get answers to your post?

Thanks, Deva

shrusrkt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

It would be great if we have strong discussion on my query than suggesting me for community tips.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Shruti,

Devarasu is trying to help you. I would repeat a quote from the link here:

"Asking the right questions takes as much skill as giving the right answers." - RobertHalf

And I have seen that in most of the cases asking the right question (read it - asking in a right manner) play a very vital role - if you get your answer fast or not or even not at all. The problem is, when we post a question here for help, most of the details or contexts we miss out to put here since those remain there in our mind ( and subconscious mind expects it to be known by others too). Therefore, people here to help us out actually keep questioning for details and context. For one it might seem irrelevant, but it might not be so.

Please try to explain you requirement/issue a bit more and possibly with context and sample qvv to work on or look into.

avinashelite

What is the logic to add New and renewal values ?

shrusrkt
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes