Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to start with google map integration in qlikview dashboards.

Hi,

I would like to learn how to integrate google maps to qlikview dashboards. I am requesting help from experienced hands.

As of now, I have no idea of how to start. I am thinking of starting with a simple example with inline tables.

LOAD * INLINE [

cities, count, 

City1, 12

City2, 13

City3, 35

City4, 66

City5, 9

City6, 45

City7, 8

City8, 52

];

Now I would like to give geographic coordinates to these cities and show them in map so that when i place the mouse over each city, the corresponding measure will be shown as a pop up.

Kindly guide me to begin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vis

I just replace your chart with one of mine, changing the key variable

It works well.

Hope you could produce pretty geodashboard

JJ

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi

Look at the attachment and the post

http://community.qlik.com/thread/32382?tstart=0

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi JJ,

This link was very helpful and I could start with integrating Google maps to my dashboard.

I have one doubt in this point.

In your file, you are dynamically calculating the coordinates of cities.

I am planning to manually give the credentials as two columns in the script and directly load it.

See the attached files. I have modified your file to include a new set of cities. The google maps shows perfectly in there.

Now I have created another file where am giving these city names and coordinates (those which I got from the first file) as direct columns. But in that file I see issues..definitely due to my lack of experience in QV

1) when i take the expression tab, the cart symbol is showing that of line graph and not of scatter chart. Why is this like that? I dont see an option where i can change the chart type to scatter chart. When i dot it in General tab, then also its not changing.

2) Though the coordinates are same as of the first file, the scatter chart has the bubles in wrong locations in the second chart. Why is it so ?

Kindly help me with these.

QVExp.JPG

Not applicable
Author

Hi JJ,

I could'nt find an option to attach files while I was replying to ur reply.

So i have attached both the files editing my initial post..kindly download them from there.

Thanks.

Not applicable
Author

Hi

I suspect an issue with the Case sensitive.

In the Inline you write Longitude & Latitude  with a capital L. In the chart the formula is with a l

Not tested.

To include a file in a reply, just click in Use advanced editor (top rigth)

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Hi JJ,

I changed the spelling to lower case but still no improvement in the file that I created.

I am attaching my file (GMap_Test2) and the file provided by you which was edited by me to incude the same data there (GeoCode Bulgarian Cities_try1).

No idea why my file is not showing it correctly..this may be a small issue..but am not able to identify the missing part.

Would be really great if you could please help.

Thanks,

Vis

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vis

I just replace your chart with one of mine, changing the key variable

It works well.

Hope you could produce pretty geodashboard

JJ

Not applicable
Author

Thanks a lot for the help JJ,

Really this was very useful for me to start with including google maps in dashboards.