Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to stop straight table expression to load into excel?

Hi,

I have dimensions and expression in straight table as below

Dim1: ID

Dim2: IF(Match(Store,'AA'),Store)

Dim3:ENTER

Dim4:LEAVE

Dim5:IF(Match(Region,'US'),DATE_IN_US)

Dim6:NAME

Expr: 1

when I am sending data to excel expression is loading into table as column. Is there any way to stop the expression to load into excel.

I know if I disable the expression all the straight will be disable.

Please can anyone suggest me is there any way to do this.

Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

There is a workaround which you could do but doing this will hide the expression column in the screen and also in the Excel output.

As you are using a straight table, try doing the following:

Go to properties --> Select the 'Presentation' tab --> Select the expression field and select the option 'Hide Column'.

This will hide the column in the screen and also in the Excel output and will not disable the straight table.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
sasiparupudi1
Master III
Master III

Untitled.jpg

add a lable to the dimension

HTH

mjayachandran
Creator II
Creator II

! !If I understand correctly, You don't want to see the Expr: 1 which is your expression in Excel output..

Unfortunately its not possible to do it on a Pivot chart. However, my work around is as attached.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks. this will pull the column any way. I want completely the column not to load into excel. is there any way.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Amelia,

There is a workaround which you could do but doing this will hide the expression column in the screen and also in the Excel output.

As you are using a straight table, try doing the following:

Go to properties --> Select the 'Presentation' tab --> Select the expression field and select the option 'Hide Column'.

This will hide the column in the screen and also in the Excel output and will not disable the straight table.

Not applicable
Author

there is only one column as expression as 1. remaining columns are dimensions. I have tried this if I hide expression it will completely hide the table.

is there any other solution? please suggest

avinashelite

no the it should not hide the table completely , I think it has some other problem ..can you please share your app lets have a check

Not applicable
Author

I've attached a simple example which shows the table is visible even when the expression is hidden. But if you can, try sharing a scaled down version of your application which might help to identify the cause of the problem.

Not applicable
Author

so Sorry!! I uncheck the box under expression.  yes it I not hiding completely.

how to hide if it is pivot table? Is there any option?

avinashelite

go to expression :

On your expression their is conditional ...give false() here

and then go to presentation tab and un-check the suppress zero option