Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing a new Enhanced File Management feature in Qlik Cloud! GET THE DETAILS!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to take correct dimension

Hi,

I have to create a chart which shows Salary to Date. so, in this case do I need to take dimension as Today().

can anyone let me kno please.

Thanks.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

No, probably employee id or name.

swuehl
MVP
MVP

If you just want to show 1 data point, you don't need to use a dimension in a (bar / table) chart, just create your expression that calculates the result, or use e.g. a gauge chart or text box to show that value.

vikasmahajan

Actually IT is depend upon your data model how it is designed if employee id is linked I think as per Thomas

Employee ID , Location ID, Cost Center,Dept Id can be a dimensions.

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks yes I need guage chart and I have to show TotalAmount, Commission and origianlsalaryon data points.

so can you help me how to create guage chart as when I am trying it is showing just blank guage without any readings.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks and yes Employee ID is linled and when I am using Emloyee ID it is showing one big line at 0% . can you please help me in this.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, when I am using employee id it is showing only one big line at 0. can you let me know please how to sort this.