Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larry_w_
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to tell if application opened by "Open QlikView Document" action?

We have the requirement to open a QlikView application from another QlikView application.  In addition we need to know, in the application, whether the application was started normally, or started by another QlikView application (to provide visual indicators and a button to return to the original application).  Both applications are the same, one simply has older data.

In an action, I've tried to select a field, open the other application passing current selections, and then resetting selected field back to it's default, however this does not work.  It appears to ignore any "Select in field" actions when passing the current selection.

Is there a better way to determine this?

Thanks for your help.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Are you using Ajax or Plugin?

You can forward a variable value in the URL for the QlikView-application being opened. But I don't know if it works with Ajax. I know it works with the Plugin.

qvp://yourserver/Document.qvw?vParameter1=ABCD

For this example, you must have a variable in Document.qvw called vParameter1.

When the the qlikview file is opened with the URL above, vParamater1 will be set to ABCD.

When opened from accesspoint the variable will be empty.

BR, Per Wagner

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Not applicable

Are you using Ajax or Plugin?

You can forward a variable value in the URL for the QlikView-application being opened. But I don't know if it works with Ajax. I know it works with the Plugin.

qvp://yourserver/Document.qvw?vParameter1=ABCD

For this example, you must have a variable in Document.qvw called vParameter1.

When the the qlikview file is opened with the URL above, vParamater1 will be set to ABCD.

When opened from accesspoint the variable will be empty.

BR, Per Wagner