Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to transform table A to table B (below)

Hello!

Here's my data in a table format:

question1.PNG

and I need to convert it to the below:

question2.PNG

which basically shows the different combination of the first table and the counts.

And everytime I click on for example Y under c, all Y's in column c will be filtered accordingly.

Hope someone can help me on this Thank you!! Appreciate all the help I get from this community as I am indeed learning a lot! However for this one my mind is aching trying to even think of the correct term to describe this problem.

4 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

May be transpose using Pivot Table Or Generic Load Statement also can work for you

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
avinashelite

Could you help me in understanding the data? you could share the sample data and explain

beck_bakytbek
Master
Master

Hi Joy,

look at this, i am sure that resolves your issue:

https://community.qlik.com/thread/246302

beck

MarcoWedel

Hi,

maybe one solution might be simply to use your existing a through d fields as dimensions and an expression like "count(item)" to get your required result?:

QlikCommunity_Thread_246902_Pic1.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_246902_Pic2.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_246902_Pic3.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_246902_Pic4.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_246902_Pic5.JPG

QlikCommunity_Thread_246902_Pic6.JPG

hope this helps

regards

Marco