cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to transpose data

Hi,

I have currently got data in this format.

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 15.56.35.png

I need to be able to transpose the data into this format in order to make it usable. This will be live data flowing in so it needs to be able to automatically update when new data comes in.

Screen Shot 2018-02-23 at 15.56.57.png

Thanks

10 Replies
sunny_talwar

Check this out

The Crosstable Load

MarcoWedel

Please post some sample data to demonstrate.

Thanks

Marco

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have posted example data. The first image is how the data is flowing into the spreadsheet, the second is what I need to transpose to.

MarcoWedel

Can you post in a format that can be loaded in QlikView?

pablolabbe
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

>>I have posted example data. The first image...

It is not possible to properly demonstrate a solution based on an image. I suggest that you upload a small sample source data document if you want detailed assistance.

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
chinnuchinni
Creator III
Creator III

HiJordan,

Try with this ,i hope you will get

Abc:

CrossTable(Letter, BRAg, 2)

LOAD Organisation, Team, "A;[Breakfast]", "A;[Lunch]", "A;[Dinner]", "A;[Overnight]",

"B;[Breakfast]", "B;[Lunch]", "B;[Dinner]", "B;[Overnight]"

FROM (ooxml, embedded labels, table is Sheet1);

xyz:

load Organisation,

Letter,

BRAg,

Team,

Left(Letter,1)as Letter1 ,

replace(Mid(Letter,4),']','')as session    Resident Abc ;

DROP Table Abc ;

EXIT SCRIPT ;