cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to untag fields while loading data or after data is loaded

Hello!

We are testing a new connector from SAP and noticed that through the new connector it is adding system tags and affecting the information density.

I have tried the untag script to remove the tags after the data is loaded in the script.  But this does not remove.

To ensure I had the correct syntax, I did a tag with the same syntax and it did add a tag but doesn't work to untag.

I believe that the tags are affecting the format downstream and causing some apps to fail, because we are seeing different date and number formats.  And some of the tags treat a null differently which is causing the information density issue.  Then all the future joins and mapping loads when seeing a blank vs a null the records are not coming in.

Below are the screen shots to show the issue: again, how do I untag the system tagged fields "$numeric, $integer' to match the current system?

According to the Field tags ‒ QlikView site we should be able to edit these in the script.  But again it does not work.

Testing new connector data

NewConnectorTest.PNG

Current live system

currentlive.PNG

Example of being able to tag:

Code:

After the load statement.

tag FIELD [Valid from_MSTDE.MARA] with tagged;

tagged.PNG

Untag Attempt:

after the load statement

untag FIELD [Valid from_MSTDE.MARA] with $numeric;

One observation, the location of $numeric moves to after tagged.  But it is still present.

numeric.PNG

0 Replies