Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to upgrade Qlikview desktop v12 SR1 to v12 SR5

I have a free trial QlikView desktop edition 12 SR1. I would like to do an upgrade to v12 SR5. I tried the "Check now" buttion under Qlikview update option in Help. It did not give me anything. Could not find any post related to this. Could someone please guide me how to do this? As I am using free trial, I have restriction in opening QlikView documents. So, I want to do an upgrade and make sure that I do not lose access to all my existing documents.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you created for practice. You will get only 5 qvw's to open. Because, 1st user has access only 5 applications.

So, If you don;t have license i would recommend - Don't uninstall the existing one. If you want you may go a head

I am sure, You can't open existing files for new users(Access only for 5 application)

- ANIL

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

8 Replies
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hi,

I think it is not possible. until unless if you have Qlikpartner login. there you can get the all versions of Qlik. in trail versions we cann't upgrade.

Anil_Babu_Samineni

I got the same Idea before like you. But, I was done like i've Un-Install the QV12 SR1 and then i got to move Qlik.com

and then i've tried again did download and install. So, It's fine for me. Try same way with you as well. So might clear. I am sure you will do rock

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Anil,

I think you need have Qlik.com login details right? without that can we download earlier versions?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

Chanty,

He is asking about upgrade? If we are talking about upgrade? If we need updated version, We may require this

Register to download QlikView® Personal Edition. So that, We can eligible for updated one. Does it make sense?

Chanty4u
MVP
MVP

Hmmm

AFAIK .Now upgrade means he will get 12 . as its latest version.   and if he need specific i think must and should have qlik portal login details.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Chanty & Anil,

Thanks for your replies I understand that with the free-trail I cannot have a direct upgrade to the version I want.

@Anil, When I do the installation of the latest version from Qlikview website, will I be able to access my old files still using this latest version of the tool?

Anil_Babu_Samineni

If you created for practice. You will get only 5 qvw's to open. Because, 1st user has access only 5 applications.

So, If you don;t have license i would recommend - Don't uninstall the existing one. If you want you may go a head

I am sure, You can't open existing files for new users(Access only for 5 application)

- ANIL

Not applicable
Author

Thanks