Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use 2 fields from different tables as dimensions

I've got two tables that each have a field I want in a report that I'm building.

- Table 1

Field - Job Description

- Table 2

Field - Job Number

I'm trying to build a report that shows the job number and then the job description.  All of the data in my expressions comes from Table 2.  I'm looking for a way to be able to show the Job description as well.  Table 1 also has a field with the Job number in it.

Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks.

5 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Are your both tables linked? Can you show your data model?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

The tables are not linked but they share a common field with a different name.  I need to link Item code to Cost Job code so that I can use Item description.

Tables.png

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Just rename your Item Code to Cost Job Code in your Item table. Like below and reload your script;

LOAD %ItemKey,

[Item Unit Code],

[Item Code] AS [Cost Job Code],

[Item Description]

From SourceTableName;

ruanhaese
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

If you dont link the tables what will happen is that Qlik makes a cartesian plane

from the data and multiply every value out when you try and connect them.

As Vishwarath said you can link them by simply changing the fieldname and let Qlik auto-associate

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help.  Before I try this I have one more question.  I've never dealt with the script editor up until this point.  When I do this I won't affect other current objects that use the tables as they are today right?  Thanks again.