Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to use ODBC groups in Distribute tab

hi community

i have created this ODBC user setup as per qlik help docs (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/qlikview/12.1/Subsystems/QMC/Content/QMC_System_Setup_DirectoryServicePr...)

here is my sample data in database

qlik2.png

qmc screen

qlik3.png

i am able to get my users in  QMC

also i am able to assign these users(stevej)

in Named users in Distribute tab.

and logged with SSO aplication with username (DBDSP/stevej) its working fine(i can see qvw files in accesspoint)

Note: DBDSP\stevej(as per my DSP settings)

my requirement is to assign these odbc groups in named users( Distribute tab)

iam able to assign groups (managergroup )

odbc groups in Named users in Distribute tab and

logged with SSO application with username (DBDSP/stevej) its not working (i am not able see qvw files in accesspoint)

Note: DBDSP\stevej(as per my DSP settings), this username "stevej" is assigned to managergroup group

How can i do this with the OBDC groups?

bbtstalwar1mtoloveisfailvandith123Configurable ODBCstevedark

5 Replies
binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

I am also having same issue. I am able to distribute to individual user id's.But group distribution is not working.

Have you got any solution for the group distribution?

Regards,

Binu

binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have changed Qlikview server security to DMS authorization and its working fine for me. 

Thank you 

Binu

felipe_dutra
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

binujose1982
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thank you.

It works  with header authentication and DMS authorization. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just wanted to confirm that if you are using Configurable ODBC Directory Service Provider, that you will likely need to have QlikView Server Security tab settings set to use DMS security mode in order for the group resolutions to occur properly, as if QVS is in NTFS security mode, it is relying on Windows for Authorization and resolving of users/groups.  In general, most customers do also use Header Authentication method in the QVWS resource as well in these cases, as generally the reason for the Configurable ODBC DSP is due to using Oracle Authentication Manager or other DB related SSO front-ends, and they want to make use of those rather than using Windows Active Directory...  Hopefully this adds a bit further clarity to things. 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.