Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to use aggregation in the script level - Backend

hi

I need aggregate the value with respect to each invoice , i have the values in terms of row level data. Kindly suggest how can i implement it in the script part

Thanks

Sathis

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The GROUP BY clause is your friend here. It may take you some time to figure out exactly how it works, though. An example may help. Assuming you have Orders and OrderLines tables and you want to add the Order Amount to your Orders table:

LEFT JOIN (Orders)

LOAD OrderID,                 // This will be the JOIN field

Sum(OrderLineAmount)     // Sum the Amounts for all OrderLines of every Order

RESIDENT OrderLines

GROUP BY OrderID;

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

The GROUP BY clause is your friend here. It may take you some time to figure out exactly how it works, though. An example may help. Assuming you have Orders and OrderLines tables and you want to add the Order Amount to your Orders table:

LEFT JOIN (Orders)

RESIDENT OrderLines

GROUP BY OrderID;

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

you need to use group by

select invoice,

sum(value)

from dbtable

group by invoice

Not applicable
Author

i understood how to use the group by Clause

Thank You

New Group by Clause Leaners :

with the above example

LEFT JOIN (Orders)

Customer_Name,           // Either Comment or include it in the group by clause

RESIDENT OrderLines

GROUP BY OrderID;

If in case a ROW ID column is available in the data pls dont include it in the Group by clause because Row ID is a Distinct Column which does not support Group by Clause.

Thanks

Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

If it works for you, please mark a discussion answer as Correct. The blue balloon next to your question in the community overview will turn green. That way, other community visitors that are searching for answers will more easily find and visit your discussion. Thanks.