Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
debsahoo
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to use variables in expression.

Hello,

Here VSelectedMonth = Month

I have a list box of Month field. The requirement is when I select any month in this list box the variable show that month only and using this variable write a expression to see % of sales in that month of 2010 in a Gauge Chart . I wrote this below expression but its not working please help me out.

=sum({$<Year={"2010"},Month={"=$(=VSelectedMonth)"}>}Sales)/sum({<Year={"2010"}>} Sales)

If I write "=sum({$<Year={"2010"},Month={"Jan"}>}Sales)/sum({<Year={"2010"}>} Sales)" it will work only for January month but I want to use that variable.

Thanks in Advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tresesco
MVP
MVP

Include Month bifurcation in the denominator like:

=sum({$<Year={'2010'},Month={'$(VSelectedMonth)'}>}Sales)/sum({<Month,Year={'2010'}>} Sales)

View solution in original post

6 Replies
tresesco
MVP
MVP

If you don't include the field in the set analysis, expression would work on - how you select the values from the field. Hence you could try like:

=sum({$<Year={'2010'}>}Sales)/sum({<Year={'2010'}>} Sales)

Or,

=sum({$<Year={'2010'},Month={'$(VSelectedMonth)'}>}Sales)/sum({<Year={'2010'}>} Sales)

shiveshsingh
Master
Master

Try this

=sum({$<Year={"2010"},Month={"$(=VSelectedMonth)"}>}Sales)/sum({<Year={"2010"}>} Sales)

debsahoo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I try below code it will show 100% for every month.snappp.PNG

=sum({$<Year={'2010'},Month={'$(VSelectedMonth)'}>}Sales)/sum({<Year={'2010'}>} Sales)

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Include Month bifurcation in the denominator like:

=sum({$<Year={'2010'},Month={'$(VSelectedMonth)'}>}Sales)/sum({<Month,Year={'2010'}>} Sales)

debsahoo
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thank you Tresesco. It works. But unable to understand the code.

tresesco
MVP
MVP

Learn more about set analysis: Set Analysis: syntaxes, examples