Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
don_qlikview
Creator
Creator

How to verify if security is working?

Hi,

I am implementing section access and wanted to know how to verify if the security is working as expected? I am deploying it to about 300+ users and some users will have access to all data and lot of users will have access to different regions based on their login id. I want to know if we can emulate as that user and see his/her access.

Thanks!!!

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Yes, you can do that but you'll need AD usernames and passwords. Which usually aren't readily available to developers.

Other solutions:

• Have key users been assigned to your documents? If so, you can ask them to cooperate in a validation session.
  • Ask your sysadmin to create a new AD user, purely for testing QlikView documents. In Section Access, assign specific rights and data access settings to this user. You can successively change them to test all situations. Don't forget to reload your document after each change to Section Access.

If you have access to user IDs or you can get an additional test user, then you can use the Open in Server function of QV Desktop to login as a different user. Select option "Alternate Identity" and enter domainname\username in the field provided. Click "Connect" and enter the password of this account. You are now connecting to QlikView AP as another user.

Best,

Peter

don_qlikview
Creator
Creator
Author

Thanks Peter.