Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to work around disappearing chart components

Here's the scenario: you resize a pie chart and the pie or legend then completely disappears, never to return.  The chart is still there and the other components of the chart are still visible, but one component is now missing.  I know I can reload a prior save.  Is this by design?  Is there someway to get missing component back beyond reloading a prior save?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you try the "Reset User Sizing" and "Reset User Docking" buttons on the Chart Properties->General tab (lower left corenr)? They should restore the chart layout to its original state.

Best,

Peter

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Did you try the "Reset User Sizing" and "Reset User Docking" buttons on the Chart Properties->General tab (lower left corenr)? They should restore the chart layout to its original state.

Best,

Peter

Not applicable
Author

I'm going to try these, thank you!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am sure to revert the chart legend or other settings you must have tried undo button (ctrl Z). Sometimes the chart components (eg: legend, chart area, title) needs a separate sizing and moving. A good way to do that is to first single click on the chart and then press CTRL + SHIFT. This brings a red border to individual items in the chart so that they can be individually be moved within the chart area.

Not applicable
Author

I have charts inside containers which is buggy when using undo and frequently either does not work or weird things happen like I can no longer save the document (it appears to save but the * doesn't go away and closing and re-opening in fact loses and recent changes).   CTRL-SHIFT does not fix this problem.

Not applicable
Author

This works!  It resets everything so you lose any chart size changes but at least you do not have to revert to a prior save.  Thank you!