Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How to wrap text of a dimension used in bar chart??

Hello Everyone. I am new to qlikview. I have made a bar chart in which the dimension used in the x-axis have very long strings as data. So,the text in the dimension  is not seen copletly in the chart.Here is a screen shot of my chart...11.png

I have tried unchecking the "truncate label" option in Dimension axis in Axis tab . But it was of no help as the text in the dimension used in the x-axis is very long. i need a way to wrap this text?? any Help please??

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Prasenjit,

you could wrap the dimension text in a new data field.
Check my example.

Hope this helps
Tobias

View solution in original post

8 Replies
MK_QSL
MVP
MVP

Unfortunately , There is no option available...!!

Click on chart, press ctrl+shift... you can see boxes with red lines..

Adjust the chart size to see the dimension names properly...

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Have a look at below post Displaying long labels on chart X-axis

Regards

ASHFAQ

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Prasenjit,

Actually the thing which you want in this chart i think not possible but you can show some limited values by using dimension limit tab.

In dimension limit set top 10 or as you want then In axis tab select first check box of 'Primary Dimension Label'.

Thanks

tobias_klett
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Hi Prasenjit,

you could wrap the dimension text in a new data field.
Check my example.

Hope this helps
Tobias

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Below script may help you. First two words on first line and others are on second line.

Left(Name, Index(Name, ' ',2))&Chr(10)&Right(Name, Len(Name)-Index(Name, ' ',2))

jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

You can't get the chart to wrap automatically, but you could modify the strings so that they contain a line break (chr(10)). Then they will display the way you want. If its a few, you could modify them manually, or you could automate it of there are too many.

The attached model shows one way that you could insert a chr(10) dynamically into strings longer than a parameter variable (vLengthPoint in the attached). This one breaks the strings longer than 25 characters on a space.You could incorporate some of this logic into your model.

HTH

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Tobias for your time>

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi All,

This working fine in Bar chart vertical View Orientation. ,I need it in Horizontal Orientation Style of Barchart. How can I make this?