Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

How would I modify DocumentAnalyzer to show the internal model

I have downloaded version 2.4 of the DocumentAnalyzer.  It is very helpful but it appears to show the Source data model in the list of tables and fields.  What would I need to do to modify this to show the Internal Model instead?

5 Replies
rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Could you clarify? Do you want to see the model of the QVW that was analyzed? Or the model of Document Analyzer's tables?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

The model Internal Model of the document that was analyzed.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

DA doesn't have a copy of the data that was analyzed, just info about it. Would be an interesting addition. Are you looking to see like a table model viewer image?

-Rob

Not applicable
Author

What I would like the most is the equivalent of the Fields tab that shows for the Source Model.  The use case is that we are trying to talk with business folks about their models (field definitions, unused fields, etc.) but we have a problem because the business folks aren't used to the Source Model, only the Internal Model that they see in their dashboards.  The table viewer allows us to show them a picture of the Internal Model, but that doesn't have much information beyond that, so we're looking for something better.  The data provided by DocumentAnalyzer is the kinds of things we'd want.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I'm not clear by what you mean by Source model vs Internal model. I'm aware of the distinction in the Table Viewer, but not sure how it may be manifest on the DA Fields sheet. Can you give an example?

-Rob