cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gfarrell
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Hyperion Essbase Connector (500) Internal Server Error

I am attempting to connect to Essbase using the Qliks Essbase connector but am getting the follow message when setting up the connection

(500) Internal Server Error.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to troubleshoot this connector issue.

Thanks in Advance

13 Replies
nategreen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi John,

I'm a little lost on how to troubleshoot this - do you have any recommendations? Are there any specific logs you used to get more detail what was getting in the way? What port were you using?

Alternatively, do you know if there is another way to create a connection using ODBC instead of the Qlik Connector?

johnh
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Nate,

I spent hours hunting this one down with the client server, security and networking teams.

They have a very complicated security environment.

We used the standard ports and the internal EssBase user to test with.

We used fiddler & wireshark to track the network, removed all Group Policies, AntiVirus software to no avail.

Even got an external EssBase expert in to assist. Even checked the EssBase logs. It was this expert who pointed us at another EssBase environment at the Client Site where we got it to work.

We then tried to work out what was different between the working and non working environments and it turned out they were installed by different suppliers. All those installed by Supplier A had the problem while the one installed by Supplier B worked first time. That  led us to see what was different in the installation processes and it was the sequence in what the Data Providers & Service Providers where installed. Where the Service Provider was installed first it worked. No idea why.

But for us it was enough we could prove to the customer that Qlik Sense could extract data from a standard EssBase environment within their network.

As I commented earlier they are in any case moving off of EssBase so it was really an exercise to prove to them Qlik can deliver what it promises.

Sorry I am not able to provide any further debugging info.

Good Luck

John H

nategreen
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi John,

Thanks for this detail. I spent some time yesterday troubleshooting the issue with our Essbase admin and he found in the Essbase logs the following sequence of messages:

Logging in as use [MyUID]

Received client request: Check if product enabled for product type [20]

Received client request: Check if product enabled for product type [21]

Received client request: Get External User Info (from user [MyUID])

Received client request: Logout (from user [MyUID])

Logging our user [MyUID], active for 0 minutes

Did you ever come across anything along these lines/do you think this could be part of our issue?

Thx!!

Nate

arturogrw
Contributor
Contributor

Hello, how are you.

Did anyone find a way to solve this problem?

i have the same problem trying to connect Qlik with Hyperion, Error 500 on OHS and AnalyticProviderServices.