cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hyperlink doesn't work well, IE11 plugin and Ajax problems

Hi everyone,

I am facing a quite odd problem and hopefully you guys can help me out.

I've made a pivot table where one of the expressions contains an URL which leads to a specific folder.

When I am developing into qlikview server the hyperlink works just fine both in Desktop and in Access point (IE).

So then I asked users to try it out. Mainly, two problems showed off:

1- People couldn't access this hyperlink using Chrome. It seems that Ajax can't make It to the folder, even though the Path is "file://pathtothefolder/".

I then searched about It and came up with the conclusion that i needed to create a http:// path to that folder using IIS. Well, I am not that into IT, so i couldn't make it to work and asked an infra guy to help me.

He then said we could not create this http path because servers arent integrated by AD and we would stop at credencials.

Is it true or not entirely?

2- When using IE, after installing the Plugins access point sugests, I could enter the folder.

But when I tried with IE11, it didn't work.

So i downloaded the most recent qlik IE plugins and installed. This time the app didn't loaded att all, a message was shown - "loading app" - and then It seemed to refresh automatically and a vicious loop happened untill IE stopped working.

I looked for It and someone said that upgrading qv version to 12 worked. Well, is it worth the try?

My server version is 11 and sr6.

Thank you guys, any help is appreciated.

Fernando Wenzel

10 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

1. If the webservers are not integrated with AD and also use authentication and authorization to restrict access to content on the webserver then users would get a login screen if they tried to open the url.

2. You need to same plugin version as the server version your using. So either download the plugin version for 11.20 SR6 or upgrade everything to 12.10.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

1. If permissions for users in NTFS differs from those in the AccessPoint, it will not work (i.e.: folders use NTFS as they are Windows folders, but AccessPoint uses any SSO credentials)
  2. As Gysbert says, client and server version MUST be the same. It COULD work a server with a different version of client (either Desktop or Plugin) but it is an unsupported scenario
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Gysbert,

1 - Hmmm ok! Will try it. Hopefully the screen will appear!

2 - Got it. Will try asap.

Many Thanks.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks, Miguel!

1 - Well, that's the scenario. According to Gysbert a login screen would show, but I see that is not the case, right?

If is not possible to do with different credencials, do you see any other possibility for it to work in Chrome?

2 - Ok! And QlikView 11 plugins supports IE11, right?

Thanks a lot.

Gysbert_Wassenaar

About the login screen... that depends on how the webserver is configured. It could also simply return a 403 access denied page.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

1.- Unless the security system in place is capable of mapping the credentials from one system to NTFS and therefore have a passthrough to Windows file system, most likely the screen will display an error. Anyway, this should be confirmed by IT

2.- Yes, QlikView 11.20 plugin is supported for IE11 in Windows 7 and higher. The full list of supported systems is in the download portal as "QlikView System Requirements" and Qlik Support can provide you with those.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you both guys,

I will test these solutions and return back here.

One last question about item 1: if a 403 error appears, what other solution could I do to make this folder hyperlink work in Chrome?

Again, many thanks.

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

If a 403 appears, it means the user does not have access to the folder, but that the web server got the request. You will need IT to grant those users access to the folder anyway

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Guys, would you have any tutorial on how to create this http link? what i found searching online didn't help me at all.

Thanks