Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am trying to compare different values in a single straight chart

I am trying to compare different pieces of data within a single straight chart.  In the chart below, I want to use a color highlight for any different values in Header 2 and Header 3.  How would I write this if I wanted to say if the value in Lookup2 matches, then highlight the cells in Header 2 and Header 3 if the values are different?  Thank you very much for your help.

Header 1Header 2Header 3LOOKUP2Lookup3
Category 1100100Unique ID Category 1Unique ID by Line 1
Category 11000Unique ID Category 1Unique ID by Line 2
Category 2 200200Unique ID Category 2Unique ID by Line 3
Category 2 300300Unique ID Category 2Unique ID by Line 4
Category 35050Unique ID Category 3Unique ID by Line 5
Category 36060Unique ID Category 3Unique ID by Line 6
Category 4100100Unique ID Category 4Unique ID by Line 7
Category 4100100Unique ID Category 4Unique ID by Line 8
Category 5300300Unique ID Category 5Unique ID by Line 9
Category 5400400Unique ID Category 5Unique ID by Line 10

7 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

I am not getting you, Can you elaborate more, Please?

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

What I am trying to do is for all rows where the Unique ID Category match, compare the values under the columns Header 2 and Header 3.  Where they are not equal, I want to either have them show up as a different color, or possibly have a column next to them saying "do not match".  So for the first two lines, they both have Unique ID category1.  The two values under Header 2 match so I would leave them alone.  The two values under Header 3 do not match, so I would want to highlight them differently.

Does this make it clearer?  If so, do you have any ideas?

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

It is still confusing.. But can you take a look at the attached and see if that is what you want...

Differences.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

That is almost what I was intending.  You are comparing items from Header 2 to Header 3.  What I am trying to compare is lines Vertically.  So for the first two lines under the Column Header 3, the values are 100 and 0 and they both have the same value under lookup 2.  It's the 100 to 0 that we want to compare and highlight as different.

trdandamudi
Master II
Master II

See if the attached is what you are expecting:

Differences.jpg

sunny_talwar

Or if you want to color both above and below, then you can try

Capture.PNG

Used Thirumala‌'s sample and made slight modifications

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

This is getting closer but when I applied the solution to my document, I noticed a problem.  Lets us the column Header 2 as an example.  The third and fourth row have the same value in the column Lookup2 so we want to compare them together and highlight them if the numbers in Header 2 are different.  In this case, the numbers are 200 and 300 so they are being highlighted.  However, if the first two rows under Header 2 match row 3, it won't be highlighted even though it does not match row 4.  I need a way to have them only compare against each other when they have the same value in Lookup 2.  Any ideas here?