Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I can't see QlikView adiministrator in Groups!

Hi Experts,

Management Console access has been denied when I type management console URL on my browser.

then I tried to add my user in groups ie.,

right click-->My Computer-->manage-->system tools-->Local users and Groups-->Groups-->here I see administrator but not qlikviewAdminstrator.  Although I double click on administrator then Administrators properties window invoked and I selected my user and added now its asking to enter the object names to select.  first time I am trying I don't know whats going on.

KR,

David

3 Replies
petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

First of all make sure that QlikView Management Service which includes the QMC is installed on the computer you are logged into and where you are looking at the "local users and groups".

A successful installation of the QlikView Management Service should create the QlikView Administrators group on the computer.

How is the "denial" when you try to access the QMC? Maybe you are trying to connect to the wrong computer? If you show us a screenshot or tell us specifically what the error message is - we could maybe determine that.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Petter,

Thank you for quick reply,  My QV manager has given me admin permission, Our server is located in different location.  still do I need to install QMC in work lap?

Here is the screenshot.

thnx,

David

pic11.png

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

No you should not install QlikView Management Service with QMC on your laptop. That is not necessary. The thing you need to be able to login to the QMC as an administrator is that the Login ID you log into the QMC with is member of the local QlikView Administrators group of the computer running the QMS/QMC.

From the manual:

When installing QlikView Server/Publisher, a couple of security groups are created. The QlikView Server/Publisher services must run under an account that is member of the security group QlikView Administrators. Users connecting to QMC must be part of this group.