Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I can't seem to open QV GD with Personal Edition

I was just wondering if I need a licensed version of QV in order to open the new QV Governance Dashboard. Attempting to open it presents me with the 'document created by another QlikView Personal Edition user' warning:

warning  opening QV GD 2.0.2.png

I am trying to open the most recent version found here:

QlikView Governance Dashboard

Thanks,

Joe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, Governance is not a Licensed version.

Try to do force using the Continue button by checkbox of Yes, I want to continue(Please enable the checkbox)

- ANIL

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

In fact, Governance is not a Licensed version.

Try to do force using the Continue button by checkbox of Yes, I want to continue(Please enable the checkbox)

- ANIL

Best Anil, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

You need a licensed version of QV to open the The app

From FAQ

Does the Governance Dashboard 2.0 require installation?

No. Simply download the Governance Dashboard 2.0.qvw app, open it in QlikView Desktop (license

required), and you are on your way.

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.
Not applicable
Author

Yes - I was trying that after I posted the question and it does open up. Of course I am on a system where QV Server is not installed so it can't find any logs but the fact is that it is indeed opening fine and working.

Thanks for your reply Anil!

Joe

Not applicable
Author

Hi Vineeth,

Yes, I did read that and a conflicting statement prior to that in the same document:

qlikview data governance dashboard conflicting faq statements.png

It seems that there are many such areas where QlikTech needs to update the information as it can be confusing.

Thanks for your quick reply Vineeth!

Joe

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Lol

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.