Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I have attached my application

I am learning qlikview since 1 week. I need to do the task that are mesioned as follows..

step:1. Main page consisting two "Listboxes " one cantaints Countries like India,Astralia,US,UK & canada. And another listbox cantains Months(1 to 12) like JAN,FEB,MAR.....DEC.

step:2. If we select one country (Ex:  Australia) and one month (Ex: JAN) Input box will be appiar with initial Note "ENTER NOTE HERE" only. If we want to enter note here then click on this and enter our own note. And then Text object will show that NOTE.

step:3. If we select two country (Ex:  Australia and UK) and one month (Ex: JAN) Input box will be appiar with initial Note "ENTER NOTE HERE" only. If we want to enter note here then click on this and enter our own note. And then Text object will show that NOTE and input box will be hidden

step:4. If we select again same as step:2 one country (Ex:  Australia) and one month (Ex: JAN) then Text object will show that NOTEs those are entered in  Step:2 and Step:3 at a time and input box will be hidden

I have done this task for only two countries with 12 months by taking total 36 variables for single country and signle month,  Two countries and single month..

It is not working for more than two countries in countries listbox.

So, Please guide me how to make it work properly for any no. of countries.

Please find attached application  and Please help me.

-

Regards :

seshu kumar bandaru.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Find attached.

Removed the multiple input boxes and text objects for ease of maintenance and automated assignment process.

Use macro code, run when the 'Set' button is pressed, to copy comment field across to CountryMonth variables. Press Ctrl + M to see this code.

Set up new variables of CountryMonth, as previous variables could not be programmed because field values were Australia and UnitedKingdom, not Aus and UK

Set up two other new variables for use in the Macro code:

- TheInputVar is where the comment is added

- TheOutputVar calculates the CountryMonth variable name

Please mark as solved if this is what you wanted to achieve.

Jonathan

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Two issues then:

1. How to create enough variables to contain the country:month combinations. I assume this is not causing you a problem, though there are ways to automate this in the script

2. How to show and hide input boxes and text objects. I assume you have found the show condition on the layout tab of these objects. Maybe you can use a conditions that looks something like this to decide to show the input box:

count(distinct Country)=1 AND count(distinct Month)=1 AND Len($(=only(Country)&':'&only(Month)))=0

The last test checks the variable (e.g. Australia:Jan) does not exists by checking its length is 0. You may need to change this to account for monthnames using the MonthName() function.

Once a variable is set this input box could be hidden. Showing and hiding the Text object could then be done with testing is the Lenght of the variable is greater than 0

count(distinct Country)=1 AND count(distinct Month)=1 AND Len($(=only(Country)&':'&only(Month)))>0

Post your application if you want help with making the change.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you for your replay...

I have attached my application to my old post. Please find it if possible..

Thanks & Regards:

seshuumar bandaru.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Find attached.

Removed the multiple input boxes and text objects for ease of maintenance and automated assignment process.

Use macro code, run when the 'Set' button is pressed, to copy comment field across to CountryMonth variables. Press Ctrl + M to see this code.

Set up new variables of CountryMonth, as previous variables could not be programmed because field values were Australia and UnitedKingdom, not Aus and UK

Set up two other new variables for use in the Macro code:

- TheInputVar is where the comment is added

- TheOutputVar calculates the CountryMonth variable name

Please mark as solved if this is what you wanted to achieve.

Jonathan

Not applicable
Author

Thank you soo much jonbroughavone for your help.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Good morning...

Is there any way to enter note for any number of countries in countries list.? with out creating too many parameters like each country with individual month.

1). If a user can select Australia and United States (both values of the field “Country”!) and August. A selection of more than 1 value of a single field will associate the note with any value of that field, plus any other fields that are associated. In this example, the note would be recalled when the user selects August and either Australia or United States (or both, course). The note would be recalled for the following combinations of selections

• Australia&August
    • United States&August
    • Australia&United States&August

Please help me..

Thanks & Regards:

seshukuar bandaru.