Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I need help loading anXML file

Capture.JPG.jpgGood morning all,

Until now, I have worked exclusively loading Excel spreadsheets into QV. Not it is time to branch out.

I need same basic help loading an XML chart exported from a ticketing application. The XML file is configured the same as an Excel report from the same application. I have attached both files to help illustrate my problem.

I will be using the XML export because I can automate it and will eventually load directly into a DB. But fo rnow, I must work with the XML file.

As you can see by the attached spreadsheet, the file generates a section at the top listing diffeent groups as "Skills" along with some totals. I don't really need this section as this  can all be replicated in QV. The same for the totals at the end of each section.

as well, all the data is sectioned out by these skills. Here is te rub...I need these "Row Set Titles" to become a column of info in the QV. so instead of a Row Set T itle of "CSO" showing all the records after it and then another Row Set Title followed by recods...I need each record to have a column that contains that information.

I have attached the XML file and the Excel that is also generated by the app. I am also attaching anothe Excel file that I created from the source file to show how I need the data to look.

Any help that anyone can offer in generating a load script that will accomplish what I need will be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Steve

1 Reply
Not applicable
Author

I have continued working on this and I am wondering if I actually want to use the XML...so far I have not been able to generate anything like what is in the spreadsheet so if any of you find it easier to offer suggestions in terms of the spreadsheet, that is OK too.

Steve