Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need help with an equation

So my data is made up of 0's and 1's. I have attatched the data below. I need Qlik to read the 0's and 1's as up time and down time. if there are more than 15 0's in a row then the machine is down. if there are any ones the machine is up and if there are less than 15 0's then the machine is up. Can someone help me with some sort of equation either for my data load or for a visualization equation!!! Thank you!

EDIT: This data is running up to the minute. It is downloaded from the server every few minutes so something that would be a once and done would be the best as it would be updated in the app every 5 minutes.

6 Replies
sunny_talwar

May be something like this?

Capture.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I am not sure that would work as I would have to go in and create that over and over each time. This data is running off of a server. I think it needs something like a lookup table maybe?

sunny_talwar

How exactly are your trying to view this? Are the numbers for down time and up time not right?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

They want to see uptime over each day and down time over each day when graphed it looks like this:

That data is almost 2 months worth. They want to be able to see how much down time there is and how much uptime there is. But just because it is a 0 doesn't mean that it is down, the machine takes breaks to allow parts to move. So  if it is down for more than 15 minutes (15 0s ) then the machiene is down. This will allow them to look into why it is down. You did your response in Qlik View something I am not greatly familular with, so I cannot tell what your formula is or how you got those numbers.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

See this

MarcoWedel

your sample data has no sufficient time resolution to test for 15 minute intervals.

regards

Marco