Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

I want a value not affected by selection

Hi

I want to create a formula (on the front end) where the value (total) is not affected by selection.

So lets say for example:   I have a back orders on an item (say Item A) from the following customers below:

Item A:

Customer                Quantity on Back Order

A                                        30

B                                        20

C                                        50    

TOTAL                                    100

In the list box if i select customer A, I want to still want to show a back order (Total) of  100.

kind regards

Nayan

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

So the total row in the table gives you the total backorder for any item regardles of customer. Maybe you don't even want to show customers in this table? I've created the second table, that only shows back orders by items.

Best!

View solution in original post

19 Replies
Not applicable
Author

You can use set analysis..

sum( {1} [Back Order] )

Not applicable
Author

Hi

Thank you .  However, what if i have more than 1 item that is on back order. 

Item A                                   Item B

Customer                Quantity on Back Order                 Quantity on Back Order

A                                        30                                      60

B                                        20                                      40

C                                        50                                      30

TOTAL                                    100                                    130

In the list box if i select customer A, and selected Item A ,  I want to still want to show a back order (Total) of  100.

The formula you have given will give me both Item A and Item B  (which i dont want as a result)

Can you help.

kind regards

Nayan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mohit

Thanks, howwever when i use the formula on my model, it brings up quantity on Back order for all items.  I just want to see Customer A only, showing only item A with a value of 100.

kind regards

Nayan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mohit

Thanks, howwever when i use the formula on my model, it brings up quantity on Back order for all items.  I just want to see Customer A only, showing only item A with a value of 100.

kind regards

Nayan

Not applicable
Author

Find attachment

Not applicable
Author

You can write expression like below..

Sum({$<Customer = >} [Quantity on Back Order])

Find attachment on my previous post.

Karthik

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mohit

On my previous reply, I should have said that i just want to see Item A with a value of 100, even though Customer A has been selected.   (obviously item A has also been selected.

kind regards

Nayan

Not applicable
Author

Hi Karthik

Thanks for your reply.  However , the total I want to see Item A with a total of 100 . 

kind regards

Nayan

Not applicable
Author

Plz share screenshot of how you want result?