Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

I want to display the label on the cyclic group fields not the group name.

List box:

I want to display the label on the cyclic group fields not the group name. How do I do that. if I don't write expression in cyclic group, it does display the label name.

Instead of Cycle I want it to display 'Month'

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

Check if this works for you

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.

View solution in original post

18 Replies
vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Quite not sure I followed you. When you click on that cyclic group icon you want the label to be Month?

Why don't you just right click on list box and give a caption Month. ? If not can you explain a little more please.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Can you show a screenshot of what you are seeing?  It seems to show ok for me.

-Rob

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Or something like this?

In your listbox properties Caption tab or in General Title use like below

= Pick(WildMatch(GetCurrentField("Cycle") , '=%Month', '=IF*'), 'Month', 'Year')

You can change the labels in the Pick.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Cyclic goup Lable.jpg

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Sorry! Not Month. My bad. It should be Year. There are 2 fields (Month and Year). Month is displayed correctly, but instead of year it says Cycle.

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

When you use a Group as listbox field, the cycle or drill button displays an "instruction" tooltip.  The tooltip for a cycle group is "Cycle" telling you what this button does.  You just happened to name your Group "Cycle" making you think the group name was being displayed.  Change the Group name to "MyGroup" and you'll see that tooltip will still display "Cycle".

For a Drill group, the tooltip displays "Drill Up" regardless of the group name.

I don't know of any way to modify this behavior.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

vishsaggi
Champion III
Champion III

Did you try my Pick(Match()) expression?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

No, No. I think I did not explain it right. I know that, I named it Cycle. What I'm saying is, If I don't right expression for year field, It does display "Year" instead of cycle. Look at the file attached.Cyclic goup Lable 2.jpg

vinieme12
Champion III
Champion III

where exactly are you writing the expression? i added an expression to the listbox and i can see the Title changing as per the field used

Vineeth Pujari
If a post helps to resolve your issue, please accept it as a Solution.