Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ID of charts, labels,...

I did a qlikview file with lots of charts, labels, pivot tables,... and know, thanks to a Rob's analyzing file, I can link fields and objects again. But, as I have in certain tabs several reports, it takes me a long time to find out what object is, for instance, CH210.

Do you know anything quicker than: click right button, properities, general tab?

Thanks for your help!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Nicole-Smith

Settings > Document Properties > Sheets tab

The list at the bottom of the tab contains all sheets and sheet objects:

Or if you just want objects on a specific sheet, go to that sheet, then Settings > Sheet Properties > Objects tab:

Note: Both of these assume you have captions on your charts in order to tell them apart.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Siva_Sankar
Master II
Master II

Hi,

May be you can try shortcut keys.Click on a object, then Alt + Enter key will take you to the object properties.

Regards.

Siva

Nicole-Smith

Settings > Document Properties > Sheets tab

The list at the bottom of the tab contains all sheets and sheet objects:

Or if you just want objects on a specific sheet, go to that sheet, then Settings > Sheet Properties > Objects tab:

Note: Both of these assume you have captions on your charts in order to tell them apart.

Not applicable
Author

You can maybe change the Object ID from say TB01 to 'TBCustomerInfo'. Something that would make sense to you rather than just numbers.

But you would have to go into each and every object and do this. But will greatly help you in understanding the purpose of the objects/ what  it does.

Thanks

AJ