Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE plugin and Ajax client

Hello Friends...

I need ur help. its sounds silly question but im just new to qlikview .

Actually I don't understand what is IE plugin and Ajax client. is it some kind of software used to open QVW application deployed in access point.  Please explain with example.

Thanks in advance.

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Ajax = open an application in Access Point in full browser version

IE plugin = you download the IE plugin and install on your desktop and choose Internet Explorer Plugin in "Favorites & Profile" on your Access Point.

Just check my included printscreen.

Patrick

chaper
Creator III
Creator III

IE plugin enables to see the application similar to Desktop application.Moreover IE version of app won't show TEST logo in background of chart objects when  app is published in UAT/DEV.Ajax version works in FIREFOX/Chrome/Mobile Browser.When ever you publish the app in Accesspoint enable it in both IE and Ajax.Then it would be comaptible in all types of browsers.Hope it helps you

mikecrengland
Creator III
Creator III

The user experience is a lot different, too. From the View menu, choose "Turn on/off WebView" to see what your document will look like in different browsers. They are also functionally different. Extensions don't work with IE Plugin and some triggers and and macros don't work with AJAX.

mike