Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

IE plugin not available

Hi,

I know that similar topic was asked here on forum already, however I didn't find the answer which would help me resolve the issue yet.

We run QlikView 11.20 SR7 on 64-bit Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise. There used to be IE plugin available in options when opening the QV application on AccessPoint. We have a complaints from client side that it's not there anymore as you can see.

IE plugin.jpg

There is still link available from which IE plugin can be downloaded and installed. I tried to uninstall plugin, install it again few times, but still doesn't work. Might be linked with the issue that I don't have full admin rights on the server? We use IE 11.

Do you have any ideas how should we resolve this ASAP?

Many thanks,

Jana

18 Replies
marcus_sommer

Take a look within the qmc by documents - there are on document-level options which clients are available.

- Marcus

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Jana,

Check the QMC > Documents > User Documents > Visibility_Test.qvw > Server > Availability. Is the IE Client checkbox ticked

Availability.PNG

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Not applicable
Author

Hi Chip,

thanks for the idea. Unfortunately, I already checked this and ticked as available.

Issue seems to be somehow linked with IE plugin installation and it's link to the documents. I installed plugin (without any issues), however it's still not visible in options when opening documents.

I also checked the path to the plugin in System > Setup > QlikView Web Servers which is correct location of  plugin.

IE plugin_2.jpg

Thanks,

Jana

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Jana,

Is the issue with ALL users or just some users? I would ensure that those affected users have the same version of IE Plugin installed as the QlikView Server version. Also could be issue on the IE. Any new group policies applied to IE?

- Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
sankartalluru
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

1). Please check is IE-Plugin is installed in end user PC.

2). Try to open in Internet Explorer(version 7 above) only

3). In Access point right side top corner click on Profile and set Internet Explorer

Not applicable
Author

Issue is with all users. We tested it also within our team, on different laptops, connected directly to AccessPoint from the server, also connected via normal way as regular users (AccessPoint). And didn't work in any of the cases.

Not sure what exactly you mean with "new group policies applied to IE"? Can you please give me an example? However, I am not aware of any changes we would to to IE.

Thanks,

Jana

Not applicable
Author

Hi Talluru,

first two points are clear. Can you please confirm whether you mean to set "Internet Explorer Plugin" as default or anything else?

However, we don't want to set up IE plugin as default way of opening documents (should be Full Browser Version).

IE plugin_3.jpg

I was looking more into installation settings, etc. I tried to reinstall Qv Plugin again. I noticed one more thing, when installing QV Plugin, "opendoc.htm" is not installed. However, it's defined in the Path where IE plugin should be found if I am no mistaken (picture below). I copied the old opendoc.htm file which I have archived, however, didn't helped.

IE plugin_4.jpg

Do you have any thoughts?

Thank you,

Jana

sankartalluru
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Installed IE-Plug in is not recognized by QV server.

Please check one thing is QV server version and IE plug in version is same?

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

can you please guide me what exactly do you mean? Unfortunately, we don't have many experience with this kind of issues. Could you please tell me where exactly I should check?

Thanks,

Jana