Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

ISSUE WITH SCHEDULING

Hi,   

I have problem in opening a dashboard through access point...

Let me explain my scenario

I have qlikview server installed and have two accounts Account A is local admin through which all services are running and account B is Domain account,I am using section access in my qvws which has USER and ADMIN defined in ACCESS column.

Now i am facing problem for users (in section access sheet) are unable to open the qvw in access point when the qvw is scheduled through task showing an error "failed to open you dont have access to this document" but when i manually reload the qvw and place it in access point users are able to open the document.,ADMIN  are able to open the qvw in both the casses.

The problem is when the qvw is reloaded through task scheduler in server USERS are unable to open the qvw in access point but ADMIN are able to open.if i place it in access point through manual reload then both USERS and ADMIN are able to open..

can you please help me out in solving this...

3 Replies
vikasmahajan

*** This Means  in your excel file users are not having * in NTSID and check all users are there in users in your excel file

USERIDPASSWORDNTNAMENTSIDACCESSNTDOMAINSID
**Qlikviewserver\qvadmin*ADMIN*
**domain\user*ADMIN*

also check following

Go to Document Properties and in Opening Tab Tick following options

Initial Data reduction based on section access

Strict Exclusion

Hope this help you..

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Vikas,

Thank you for reply..

can you please explain me what is NTSID because my section access file looks somethin like this

ACCESSNTNAMEPROF_CNTR_UIDUSR_TYPEMAIL
USERDOMAIN\SWAMINATHAN*Mswaminatha@XYZ.com
USERDOMAIN\RAJEN1Mrajen@xyzcom
ADMINDOMAIN\ACCOUNT*Mrakesh.s@xyz.com
ADMINQLIKVIEW SERVER\QVADMIN*Mramoji@xyz.com

I have already checked both the boxes in qvw..

vikasmahajan

Please check out with excel file which you are uploading for section access and  NTSID is there marked to *

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.