Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III

Ideas for showing multiple expression in Graph/Chart?

Hi Experts,

I have around 20 expressions.

I am looking for ideas to show these expressions and the variance compared to last year in a graphical manner.

(like using Variance=sum(sales)-Above(sum(sales)))

Is there out a better way of showing these many expressions and their variances?

Apart from this, I am showing the data(expression and variance) in Tabular form using the Pivot table.

However, wondering if there is any bright idea that could use minimum space and show the required?

Thanks in advance.

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure, but I think this is the only option like you have to write the variance expression for every expression.

I hope every expression like Sales, Cost, Profit etc...its not like conditional bases?

shyamcharan
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Balraj,

Yes the expressions are time intervals for various activities. Not conditional.

They are all straight calculated fields from Database.

thanks for the quick response.

Anonymous
Not applicable

For Multiple expressions you can try using Radar Chart . Bu the Dimension should be one for all expressions.

vikasmahajan

From qlikview installed path C:\Program Files\QlikView\Examples\Documents\Data Visualization.qvw

Refer this , is a very good example for visualizations.

Hope this help you

Vikas

Hope this resolve your issue.
If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution & like it.
If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.
avinashelite

The approach your following rite, that the better way to show that . In Straight and Pivot table you have the flexibility to adjust the cell width height etc .

avinashelite

if you have got the answer please mark the correct and helpful answers