Qlik Community

Ask a Question

QlikView App Dev

Discussion Board for collaboration related to QlikView App Development.

Announcements
QlikView forum consolidation is complete. Labels are now required. LEARN ABOUT LABELS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frquiroga1995
Contributor II
Contributor II

If a record exists and also is different to... then do this...

Hi !

I am not an expert at all with Qlikview, but I have been assigned to solve something:

Let's say I have a database like this (bigger, with way more fields and thousand's of records):

NameMOTIVO_BAJA
PedroPROBLEMAS ECONOMICOS
JuanMIGRACION PROD. P&C
LucasRENOVACION
John 
MartinERROR DE EMISION
Martina 
Agustina 

I am creating a table in the front, and for one of the fields, I am trying to create an expression that:

-if MOTIVO_BAJA is not null and also if MOTIVO_BAJA is different than "RENOVACION" or MIGRACION PROD. P&C" then show a number 1...

-And if MOTIVO_BAJA is null or is equal to RENOVACION or MIGRACION PROD. P&C then show a 0.

I tried with this one, but it didn't work:

IF(IsNull(MOTIVO_BAJA),0,IF(MOTIVO_BAJA<>"RENOVACION" or "MIGRACION PROD. P&C"),1,0)

Thanks !

4 Replies
Chanty4u
Champion III
Champion III

try this

If(Match(MOTIVO_BAJA, 'RENOVACION', '[MIGRACION PROD. P&C]') or If(Len(Trim(MOTIVO_BAJA)) = 0, 1,0)

Chanty4u
Champion III
Champion III

or try this way

if(Match(MOTIVO_BAJA, 'RENOVACION',' [MIGRACION PROD. P&C]','-') ), 1,0)

Frquiroga1995
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi !

That option worked pretty good: (It was the other way, 0 for renovacion, migracion.., " - ", and 1 for the others.

So I wrote it : if(Match(MOTIVO_BAJA, 'RENOVACION',' [MIGRACION PROD. P&C]','-') ), 0,1)

Frquiroga1995_0-1606408506621.png

The only problem now is that in the cases where MOTIVO_BAJA is null, it shows number 1, and its supposed to show a 0 value. Its not taking it as " - " in the expression script.

Do you have any idea why that could be happening ?

Thank you so much !

Chanty4u
Champion III
Champion III

FA37D515-CFA4-4A95-A30F-F7C0C2826224.png