Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

If i had to take a guess.. QlikView is an overlay of Lucene/Solr

So taking a look at the videos and options my guess is that QlikView is an overlay on-top of Apache SOLR or Lucene. Considering the Movie example that could be done in about 3 hours with minimal HTML and Javascript. Can someone confirm Apache SOLR/Lucene use in this product and elaborate on the reasons why I would do a buy/vs/download on this?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Or
MVP
MVP

It is rather unlikely that Apache SOLR / Lucene are used in this product - it predates both. The patents for QlikView were filed in 1995 and approved (along with product release) in 1997, whereas both SOLR and Lucene were born in the 2000s.

I actually watched the intro movie for the first time, and it does show very simplistic examples - however, creating an application with that functionality with QV should take you five minutes, not three hours. If you've been spending three hours to build this sort of thing, I guess you have at least one good reason to download a demo and have a look around.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It's not but why don't you download it and give it a try before tossing guesses around?

Or
MVP
MVP

It is rather unlikely that Apache SOLR / Lucene are used in this product - it predates both. The patents for QlikView were filed in 1995 and approved (along with product release) in 1997, whereas both SOLR and Lucene were born in the 2000s.

I actually watched the intro movie for the first time, and it does show very simplistic examples - however, creating an application with that functionality with QV should take you five minutes, not three hours. If you've been spending three hours to build this sort of thing, I guess you have at least one good reason to download a demo and have a look around.

Not applicable
Author

I'll go ahead and download it to peak under the covers. Thank you for being so helpful.