Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Ignore dimension is not working

I have a dimension and a few expressions. I want the second expression to be independant of the dimension.

I tried.

Sum({<Dimesnion1=>} measure), but doesn't seem to work at all. My intention is even if the dimension evaluates to NULL, the expression should still yield results.

Thanks,

Ram

8 Replies
Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Ram,

Can you tell me how many dimension and expression in your chart? and what is your expression definition?

Regards,

Sokkorn

Not applicable
Author

Hi Sokkorn, I have got 2 dimensions and a number of expressions. This particular expression which I want to exclude dimension1 is as follows.

=Sum({<WEEK_445_TXT=>}total<[Product Attributes]>[Stock Book Qty])

Sokkorn
Master
Master

Hi Ram,

Your expression look like ok. Can you share your app? You can scrambling your data via this doc

Regards,

Sokkorn

jagan
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

Can you attach some sample data and come up with an example, it would be easier to understand and give the solution.

Regards,

Jagan.

Not applicable
Author

Hi, Attaching the document. I want the pivot table to display units as 11 and not -45. (Similar to the chart on the right).

er_mohit
Master II
Master II

Try this

sum(Aggr(NODISTINCT sum(TOTAL [Stock Book Qty]),WEEK_445_TXT))

Not applicable
Author

Hi Mohit, Thanks for that. It seemed to work at the first sight, but once I clear the selection it gave undesirable results.

I tried this expression.

sum({<AsOf445Year=,YEAR_445=,MONTH_445_TXT=,WEEK_445_TXT=,DAY_445=>}Aggr(sum({<AsOf445Year=,YEAR_445=,MONTH_445_TXT=,WEEK_445_TXT=,DAY_445=>} [Stock Book Qty]),WEEK_445_TXT,[Product Attributes]))

But of no use.

Not applicable
Author

You can see once I clear the store selection it gives an extraordinary number for Owen. I have attached the qvw again with your expression and the store selection cleared.