Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Images on text box objects stretching automatically

I am working in QV11 and i have created 2 text box object items which display an image (.PNG) file 700 X 525 and for no reason these images will stretch and become all blurry.  If i close out of QV or switch screens they will eventually go back to the normal orientation.  The text box objects are within a a container (1 row, 2 columns).  I tried creating the images as .JPG files but still no luck.

Also, i included the Caption on the text box images so users can print the image but for some reason the print function is not appearing on the text objects.

7 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

Check the value of the Image Stretch setting. You may want to change it to one of the other options. The original file format of the image doesn't matter, every image becomes an embedded bitmap. If different Image Stretch settings don't help, perhaps it's a bug. You could ask QlikTech support.

The ajax client doesn't support all the caption buttons. If you use QV Desktop the print icon should work.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
Not applicable
Author

I have all both the Image Stretch settings to No Stretch.  Attached a screen shotText Box Object.jpg

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Hello Steve,

I have also noticed this strange behaviour with QV 11.2 SR2, SR3 and the beta SR4.

The workaround I have found is to take the textbox object out of the Container, and bring it back in. Then save your document and deploy. The issue should not occur again unless you modify the document at some point.

It is the best I can offer as a solution for now

Regards,

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the response that has been my workaround, unfortuantely i am constantly tweaking the document.

Not applicable
Author

any idea on why the caption printing option would not show when i do that option checked?  It appears in my dev area but when I log into the document via the web portal it is no longer there.

pgrenier
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I believe this is related to the change in technology between the two viewing modes.

As I understand it, the first mode uses Windows objects. So there are actions that may be performed on these objects using librairy files from your operating system.

As for the web portal presentation in AJAX mode, you are accessing the application as presented through an enhanced HTML5-type layer, and therefore, you are inheriting that environment's action possibilities.

Cheers,

Philippe

Not applicable
Author

thanks for the explanation.