Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jduluc12
Creator
Creator

Import numbers from excel issue

Hi,

I am importing some numbers from Excel.

if I check the numbers in qlik then they look correct but if I do any mathematical operation then the value of the imported data changes.

for example, the number imported from excel is 0.10 but when I do (10 * imported_number) then I get 0.97 and I was expecting 1.

why is that and is there any way to fix it in a way that I get 1 instead of 0.97?

Thanks

Jean

Labels (1)
1 Reply
marcus_sommer

Qlik doesn't used (as well as Excel) a decimal number-system else a binary number-system. This means not all float numbers could be correctly displayed. Within the most scenarios such an approach worked well enough. Only cases which needs a high precision or are working with large numbers (in regard to the number of digits) couldn't be handled directly.

In your case it seems more likely that 0.10 is not the real value else rather a formatted value because a result of 0.97 shouldn't occur by multiplying with 10. If there is a difference to pure mathematically result I would expect a value like 0.99999999999997 which is not 1 but would usually displayed as 1.

- Marcus