Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vivienchen
Contributor
Contributor

In cyclic group, how to select by typing the 1st letter of field?

I have cyclic group consisting over 100 dimension fields, which are sorted alphabetically; with IE plugin, my users were able to select from the long list by typing the 1st letter - for example, if they want to see the sales by Item, user can type 'i' from the cyclic group, the cursor will jump to the location where all leading 'i' listed; but in Chrome, users cannot do that anymore

2 Replies
marcus_sommer

I'm not sure if such huge dimension-groups are really handy. I think I would rather use an appropriate filed-list within a list-box and maybe on top a categorization. This maybe loaded within an island-table and called in the chart with: [$(=FieldListValue)]

- Marcus

Kamryn
Contributor
Contributor

@MyMileStone Card wrote:

I have cyclic group consisting over 100 dimension fields, which are sorted alphabetically; with IE plugin, my users were able to select from the long list by typing the 1st letter - for example, if they want to see the sales by Item, user can type 'i' from the cyclic group, the cursor will jump to the location where all leading 'i' listed; but in Chrome, users cannot do that anymore

I'm not sure how you would do this with triggers (so I'll be keeping an eye on this thread out of curiosity), however if you change the order of the fields in the Cyclic group so that the one you always want as default is at the top, it will always show this one first.