Skip to main content
Announcements
See why Qlik is a Leader in the 2024 Gartner® Magic Quadrant™ for Analytics & BI Platforms. Download Now
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

In qlikview we can create the Cubes or not

Dear  All

I am new to Qlikview   Plz help  me  we can create the cubes  or not ? if  we can  how it is possible ?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi surik147,

In Qlikview you can load data from most sources, into the qlikview datamodel.

Conceptually I regard this the same as a cube (since when this is loaded into Qlikview, you can analyse your data against any dimension that your datamodel contains), but the data is stored in Qlikviews proprietary format (.qvw file) (so it will not be available as a SSAS cube or a Cognos cube for example.

Howcome your question? Is having cubes a requirement? Or is there perhaps a question behind this question?

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi surik147,

In Qlikview you can load data from most sources, into the qlikview datamodel.

Conceptually I regard this the same as a cube (since when this is loaded into Qlikview, you can analyse your data against any dimension that your datamodel contains), but the data is stored in Qlikviews proprietary format (.qvw file) (so it will not be available as a SSAS cube or a Cognos cube for example.

Howcome your question? Is having cubes a requirement? Or is there perhaps a question behind this question?

Not applicable
Author

I am new to QlikView and looking for the similar way of creating and publishing Cognos cubes in QlikView. Can you please provide the more detailed steps on this?

petter
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

You should post this as a new question and refer with a link to this thread instead .... you're not very likely to get much answers on continue posting on answered questions....