Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Inner Join, Outer Join, and Subtract between pivot tables

I have 2 pivot tables on 2 different tabs (in my attached file, they are on 'leaf1' and 'leaf2' tab). By selecting a logic box with value 'and', 'or', 'exclude'  on 1st tab ('leaf1'), I want to create a final pivot table on a 3rd tab (referred as 'tree' tab in my file), that shows data by 'inner joining', 'outer joining', 'subtracting leaf1 from leaf2' data between previous 2 pivot tables.

Could I know how to do this?

Thanks

5 Replies
Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

To achieve the "Or" all you need to do is make the selection on both leafs.  Getting to 'and' or 'excluded' is a bit more complex.  I would recommend you consider using "And Mode".  This will required you set up your data model correctly but from there is is fairly easy.  Here is a video that explain And Mode.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Josh

I just watched your video posted on Jul 24. It is very close to what I want to achieve, except that I want to add calculations on number of products, versus showing the product name only.

Transfering the Intersection of Selections Using Alternate States'

I tried your approach and not sure it doesn't work. Basically I want to see the intersection of leaf1 and leaf2 on "Result" text box.

If you can provide some guidance on how to use your example to achieve the above, that will be helpful.

Veronica

Not applicable
Author

Hi Josh

I have watched the AndMode Video. It seems that AndMode option is not available unless I set the table with only 2 columns. I need to be able to do multiple selection on 'Create a Leaf' menu on leaf1 and leaf2, and by the pivotable on 'Your Tree' tab will show either intersections, full outer join, or subtractions between the two.

I have been struggling with this for along time. Really appreciate your help!

Veronica

Josh_Good
Employee
Employee

Looks like you found the video I posted Re: Transfering the Intersection of Selections Using Alternate States.  I think that is a better approach (now that I think about it). You could use the same approach to achieve "or" and "exclude" logic. If you agree please mark my posting as correct so others can find the solution easily.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Veronica,

great idea, did u succeed in finding a way to cross tables in and/or/exclude..?