Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rtr13
Contributor III
Contributor III

Input Box with variable

Hi Everyone, 

I currently have a scatter plot and I am looking to use an input box to limit the amount of patients being seen within the scatter plot. Currently, there are three variables within the scatter plot:

Total Cost: sum(totalcost)

Coef Variance: stdev(totalcost)/avg(totalcost)

Patients:  count(mrn)

Within the chart, Coef Variance sits as my Y-axis, Total Cost my X-axis, and the bubble size goes based on the count of patients. I created a variable, vMaxPatients, for users to be able to filter based on how many patients they want to see within the chart so the graph is easier to read/interpret. How would I go about creating my input box to relate to my chart to the point where if a user inputs a value, the chart will then show only dots with less than the chosen value in the input box? 

clipboard_image_0.png

A problem that I have been running into while inputting my variable into an expression, it adjusts my dots to have zero patients which shouldn't be the case since my dimension is based on Care Families (which is basically a grouper) and each Care Family has more than zero mrns associated with them.

I appreciate the help in advance!

Best,

Rose

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
rtr13
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

UPDATE: 

I ended up creating a new tab that was dedicated to filters based on the number of patients in each grouper. So an end user is able to select what they want to see based on the various dimensions and then switch over to the Variation tab  (which contains the bubble chart) and it will adjust to what they selected on the other tab. 

I appreciate all of the feedback!

Best,

Rose

View solution in original post

4 Replies
marcus_sommer

I think you couldn't control the chart in this way - which patients should be in- or excluded? This must be defined in any way. I could imagine that you used calculated dimensions in listboxes for it, for example with something like:

class(aggr(rank(sum(totalcost)), Patient), $(vBucketSize))

You may use any to the chart related expression with or without rank() and maybe also without class() whereby I like using class() especially if there is a variable bucket-size to play with the data.

- Marcus

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Rose, did Marcus' post help you get things figured out, or are you still stuck?  If the post helped, be sure to use the Accept as Solution to give Marcus credit and to let others know his recommendation worked.  If you did something else, consider posting that and then mark that as the solution.  If you are still struggling add a new post letting us know where things stand, so we can try to see if someone else may have some ideas.  If you can attach an example app, that may help in this situation as well, if there is confidential data about which you are worried, you can use the Settings\Document Properties\Scrambling tab to scramble those field values, just know that might cause some further questions as it will make things a bit more difficult for folks to sort out potentially. 

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
marcus_sommer

I think this thread is quite related and the suggestion from there to distribute relative values instead of absolute ones get closer to the aim and will probably provide more insights, too:

Functionality-in-scatter-chart

- Marcus

rtr13
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

UPDATE: 

I ended up creating a new tab that was dedicated to filters based on the number of patients in each grouper. So an end user is able to select what they want to see based on the various dimensions and then switch over to the Variation tab  (which contains the bubble chart) and it will adjust to what they selected on the other tab. 

I appreciate all of the feedback!

Best,

Rose