Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2025: 3 days of full immersion in data, analytics, and AI. May 13-15 | Orlando, FL: Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input Field and RowNo() Cause Duplicates?

I wanted to make a certain field in my QV Application an InputField, and in doing so I had to add the RowNo() function to force all non-input fields to be unique.

The problem is, when I create a Table Box that includes this input field, it is creating a bunch of duplicates, and I am not sure why.  The Table Box I have created has Item Number (which is unique) and then supporting attributes, one of which is the InputField.  When I have this InputField attribute in the Table Box, I get the duplicates, but when I remove it the dataset goes back to one record per item.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

2 Replies
Not applicable
Author

If your Item Number and your InputField are in the same table, then you have duplicate (i.e., not unique) Item Number values. The TableBox object displays duplicate rows as a single row so the TableBox is masking the duplicate rows.

If Item Number is unique, you would not need to add the RowNo() because every row would be unique.

Not applicable
Author

Yes, I get all of that...

So then based on your answer, it sounds as if InputFields are really only useful for the lowest level of granulairty in a dimension, or facts which live at the intersection, as then you're guaranteed uniqueness.

This is a flaw of the product IMO...

Doesn't seem to be useful when needing to update attribute values in a multi-level dimension, which would have been useful.