Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Input box not working on Web view

Hi,

I have a QVW with two input boxes that works fine on my desktop. However, when others try to access it over the Web server,

the input box lets them type in a value, but as soon as they click out of it, the value reverts to the previous value (i.e. what I entered last on my desktop version).

we are running:

qvinput.png

I've read that newer versions don't have this problem. Is this true?

Also, do I need to update the QV for both the desktop and server environments, or just the server version?

thanks,

Kevin

4 Replies
m_woolf
Master II
Master II

What happens if they press Enter instead before they click out of the input box?

Not applicable
Author

Same thing. We did try a few different things before I wrote the post.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Quiet strange as I made a test with earlier QV personal desktop version and it works well in webview !

ScreenShot006.png

micahsakata
Contributor III
Contributor III

i think this is an IE plug in issue.  my user had the same problem.  he would get on to access point and open his published app in the browser but couldn't get the cursor to click into the input box.  it was as if it was disabled.

he had designer 11 SR5.  we had him uninstall everything, including the plugin.  then install 11 SR12.  the IE plug in is installed along with designer so whatever upgraded version of IE plugin was installed as well.

then had him go back to the dashboard and it worked.